Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Shoulders

There's a song by a group called For King and Country called, "Shoulders." It has a pretty sound and the singers are great, of course, but the words are what really stand out. And that's saying a lot coming from me because usually I don't even hear words, I only hear music/rhythm! Here are some of the lyrics:

When confusion's my companion
and despair holds me for ransom
I will feel no fear
I know that You are near

When I'm caught deep in the valley
with chaos for my company
I find my comfort here
'Cause I know that You are near

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
all on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
that You're lifting me up 
on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

You mend what once was shattered
and You turn my tears to laughter
Your forgiveness is my fortress
oh, Your mercy is relentless

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
all on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
that You're lifting me up 
on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment