This year was one of the best Fourth of July holidays I think I've ever had! The weather was perfect. And so were our friends! Some of our T'town tailgating buddies (that's how we originated the friendship) came over and celebrated with us. After we invited them we realized we don't have the best entertaining set-up since there is no shade whatsoever in our backyard (hopefully a covered patio will be in our future at some point), but Landon and Ashley saved the day with a tent. Jake tried to set ours up and discovered it had bit the dust.
Jake grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, and sausage dogs and set up a big water slide/pool thing (a few days after he had sinus surgery...bless him), and everyone brought drinks/desserts/sides/toys. The kids had a blast and they were fun to watch!
I don't think Hadley was even aware she was in the water. She was much more interested in the grass and tried her best to eat it.
Collins got sun burned and I have felt horrible about it. I put SPF 50 on him in plenty of time, but I guess I didn't apply frequently and/or soon enough. Thankfully, Ms. Anna let us borrow some amazing stuff you can spray on a burn and it helps heal it (and prevents peeling), so he's good to go now. I just HATE sun burns, especially on my babies!
Jake took Collins to see the fireworks on the river Friday night! I was so glad he was able to see that, especially since they had been talking about fireworks at school. I wish I could have been there, but Little One was being sleep trained. Again. For the third time.
We also did sparklers in the backyard because Garrett Grace shared one of her packs with us ;) Being the great and attentive mom I am, I allowed Collins to stick his sparkler straight up in the air. And look up at it. So a spark fell right underneath his eye. Scared us both to death. Thank God it didn't get in his eyeball. I think we'll do without backyard sparklers or fireworks of any sort from now on. Just too risky for me!
 |
| How does Hadley already have a fake smile? |
 |
| Sweet and pretty Garrett Grace! |
 |
| Sally got to come too! She is three days older than Hadley :) |
 |
| It wasn't until I was looking back at these pictures that I realized Collins was apparently having a headache or something (?!) |
 |
| Muscle man! |
 |
| Landon, Ash, and little Liam! |
 |
| Hudson's swimsuit was a little big :) |
 |
| Liam napped on a blanket under the tent. Sweet baby! |
 |
| Two handsome boys! |
 |
| Matthew, Sara Beth, and Sally |
 |
| Awful bright sun, but wonderful friends! |
 |
| Our babies are American made! |
 |
| Ashley brought stuff for a hat craft! |
 |
| Chillin' on the patio after her nap. |
 |
| Playing by himself after our company had left. |
Such a fun day!! We have to do it again soon!! The pictures of Collins holding his head are pitiful, and kind of funny at same time! Poor, baby.
ReplyDelete