- Our bedtime routine is 1) locate all the baby dolls we need (about four or five), both blankets, and the stuffed elephant lovey, lest we have to go look for them once she's in the bed, 2) read a book with the lamp and sound machine turned on (she likes "the frog one" which is a counting book, "Olaf," "Cinderella," and "Dirty Dog"--it's actually called Harry the Dirty Dog), 3)Turn off the light, rock, and sing "Railroad" ("I've Been Workin' on the Railroad") and "Happy Birthday" to whomever or whatever she names. Usually she says, "Sing Patchick" (Patrick) first, names others in her class, teachers, family members, and lately has gotten silly: "Sing chair! Sing Olaf! Sing cup!" 4) I tell her, "Give me my kisses" and she kisses both cheeks, my lips, and we rub chins. Right now she's very easy and predictable at bed time and loves being tucked in, with all her babies right beside her! She still sleeps in the crib and I have no plans of moving her out anytime soon. She talks her self to sleep in about 15 minutes and wakes up around 6 or 6:30 most days. Unless it's the weekend, and then it's more like 5 or 5:30.
- The names of her baby dolls are super creative ;) We have: Purple, Pink, Lil' Pink, and Big Pink. Yes, their colors and sizes match their names. When she loses one (every day) she walks around the house and says: "My baby Purple?! Purple, where ARE you?!" and "My baaabyyy, Daddy?!" haha
![]() |
| Playing with Purple and Lil' Pink on the way to school! |
![]() |
| Big Al came to preschool! This was the best reaction of all her classmates...everyone else was terrified! |
- "Jatey-Poo" (Jakey poo...her friend, Jake, at school)
- "Cod-whale" (Cardwell, another friend at school; I love how she says his name!)
- "I wanna bo-bo" (band aid)
- "Bo Bo" is also the name of the blue bunny with an ice pack built into it for soothing the other kind of bo-bos. She asks for it all the time and just carries it around. Currently, we can't find Bo Bo. Hadley randomly remembers to ask for him and says, "Bo Bo?! Where ARE you?!"
- She talks sweetly to her baby dolls and Collins when he pretends to be a puppy (which is every day; she wakes up panting and says she's Hank and Collins comes in her room to be Stafford). When she's talking to the babies or puppies she says, "It's okay...come here...come see me."
- "I wanna hold you" when she wants you to pick her up or hold her. So sweet :)
- "Hantey Pod-dle" (Hanky Poodle)
- "Hittarowjack" (Hit the Road, Jack!) and sometimes, "Hit da road, Jact!"
- "I wan my, my, my miiiillllkkk!"
- "Whaddu doin,' guys?!"
- Knows the song, "Whip and Nae Nae" but I'm pretty sure she thinks it's "flip" instead of "whip." Every time she sings it she bends over and tries to roll over!
- Another thing she does during our bedtime routine is, when I ask if she wants to pray for anything or anybody, she says: "Help Madee Monkey." She means, "Help Maggie's mommy" who is sick. Not sure how or why 'mommy' comes out like 'monkey'!
![]() |
| Such a Daddy's girl! She runs to him anytime she's hurt (or in trouble). |
- One night she was looking for her babies' stroller and I said, "Hadley, go look in the foyer, it's next to the toy box." Next thing I know she's taken all her toys out of the toy box in her room and is peering inside to find the stroller!
- "Red bird, red bird, whaddu see?!" She loves the book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, but always leads with red bird!
- Loves to sing "Go! Bananas! Go, Go, Bananas! Hey!" that she learned from PawPaw and MawMaw!
- "Shuttya mouff, Coddice." (Shut your mouth, Collins!) She said this one day while riding home and I about died! I asked where she heard that from and Collins answered, "You say that sometimes. Maybe she's copying you." :-/
- That same day she also asked her brother, "You needa spantin?"
- "Beown" (brown)
- "No WAAAYYY!"
- The other day was character day at school. Collins dressed as a cowboy (duh!). That night I had to work late, but Jake told me that at supper time Collins said, "Had, who do you love?" She said, "John Wayne." haha!
- A couple of nights ago we were about to start reading a book and I had turned around to get a baby doll or something. Hadley had started trying to climb on or get in her toy box and fell and hit her mouth. She cried so hard, and was so tired on top of it hurting. Collins came running in the room and she kept crying, then did a quick sneeze/sort type of thing which made snot shoot out both nostrils and I got snot and spit all over my face. I jerked my head in surprise and apparently made an awful face. Hadley immediately turned all that crying/upset energy into a hysterical laugh that almost made her puke! She was so tickled! Then we couldn't stop laughing while we were trying to wind down and read. She'd say, "Hit da road, Jact, and don't you come back, Olaf!" and we'd lose it again! So much fun, but she's really gonna puke one day soon!
- Speaking of puking while laughing, she's back on reflux medicine :( She gets 4 mLs twice a day.
- Loves wearing pull-ups instead of diapers these days! She's in a size 2/3. She still wears diapers at night because we have another pack to go through, but I'll probably switch to just pull-ups soon! Kinda sad I'll soon have no more diaper babies :( (but not too sad!)
![]() |
| Isn't this sleep face totally convincing? |
![]() |
| Just catching up on her reading. |
![]() |
| Wearing her brother's back pack...look how huge it is on her! They were pretending she was waking up in the morning (to a rooster crowing) and going to kindergarten :) |
- She doesn't like when doors or drawers are left open. She frequently makes a walk through the kitchen and pushes the pantry door closed. (I do the same thing!)
- Says her "ABCDs" and tries to do it at turbo speed because that's what Collins does. She says "om-ma-ma-mo-pee" and it's cute!
- Looks at her tee-tee in the potty and states, "It's yellowww!! Not bluuue!!!"




















No comments:
Post a Comment