Last week was spring break. Oh, how I love spring break. So thankful we get to enjoy it as staff members!
Jake was in town, but still had to work. So Collins and I just stayed in town and hung out. On Monday he slept in (till about 7:30am), then we leisurely ate breakfast and cuddled on the couch a while and watched cartoons. It was glorious :)
Then we went to CHOM (children's museum) and I introduced him to lunch in the backseat at Sonic.
On Tuesday we had lunch with Abby, her baby girl Piper Kate, and Corrie at Abby's house. Collins got in some good practice being a big brother:
Tuesday night Jake and Collins had a father/son night because my mom and I went to a Maroon Five concert!
On Wednesday Collins and I met my friend/coworker, Amy, at Midtown Village. We hung out for a little while at Barnes and Noble. Collins got a new book-Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed-and I bought a new keepsake baby book! Then we went to Ulta, Old Navy, and had lunch at Hokkaido. Collins has been to a hibachi grill before, but he was too young to remember. He loved it!
Around 2am on Thursday was when Jake started running fever. He felt terrible on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and started to feel a little better on Sunday. He had the stomach flu :( Poor thing ran a 103 degree fever at one point. He stayed in the bed and I sprayed Lysol like I invented it. I prayed hard that Collins and I wouldn't get it and we didn't! Whew.
Jake's parents came over late Thursday night so they could keep Collins on Friday (while my mom came over and took me Easter/birthday/maternity shopping and we had lunch together; great time!) and spend Easter weekend with us. They had a great time on Friday and Saturday, but Grammy started running fever on Saturday night so they had to go home early :( It turned out not to be what Jake had, but she still felt bad. I really hated they had to go home early and miss spending Easter with us. Especially since we didn't get many pictures with them. At least they got to help Collins color his eggs on Saturday:
Other than Jake being sick, it was a great week. I was fully aware that this was probably the last full week I'll have with Collins by myself; pretty soon we'll have another little one in the mix! That's a good thing of course, but I definitely tried to soak in those times of pretending, reading, following only his schedule a little more than normal last week.


No comments:
Post a Comment