- I'm tired of it! (usually says this to Hank)
- One time in the car he announced he had to poo poo. Then said/sang, "It's probably gonna be diarrhea!" Since then he's learned what that means, but at the time I don't think he had a clue!
- When we were at Hokkaido at the habachi grill, he kept saying, "Hey Chef." If he doesn't know or temporarily forgets someone's name (did that when Scott and Ann visited), he'll look at them and call, "Man?" "Lady?"
- Pretends to go to Teckas. (Texas) Jake primarily travels to Florida, but one time it was Texas. I guess it made an impression.
- Staggered up one day claiming he was old. Asked for a pappus. I told him old people don't have pappuses. He repeated that a few times as if reminding himself.
- We discovered the boy loves Easter candy and birthday cake!
- Collins had kept saying, "Look at that raccoon!" every day when we'd leave our subdivision. I could not figure out what he was talking about and it was driving me nuts. Finally, one day he said it and I asked, "Do you mean that bush? How does that look like a raccoon? How do you even know about raccoons?" He said, "That book!" "Which book?" "That caterpillar book." He was referring to The Very Hungry Caterpillar. There's a picture of a cocoon in there, which he always calls a raccoon! Mystery solved!
- One day we were walking to the car after preschool and he fell on the concrete. I stopped and looked at his knees and asked if he was okay. He said, "It's gone feel better next time."
- He woke up one morning and the first thing he said to me was, "Don't make me handsome; don't brush my hair." You are what you are, son! :)
- We've started pretending to be tigers. I give him tiger hugs. And he calls me Tiger Mama. I am getting used to this new title.
- Asks me, "Who's your doctor?" when we pass by the eye doctor. Asked Ms. Rebecca (from church) that as well. She was in a wheel chair after surgery and Collins wanted to know who her doctor was!
- It is so cute to watch Collins try to high five his friends at school. Twice I've watched friends turn him down, but he seems unaffected. Especially when I'm there and offer a high five to him instead, which completely satisfies him. Soon that will be embarrassing!
- He can count to 10 with no problem. One time he counted all the way to 13 then said, "That's all I got." And the other day he got to 11 and just kept repeating it: "Eleven! Eleven! Eleven! Eleven!"
- Started talking about "Dee Deek" one day when I asked what he wanted for breakfast. I said, "I don't understand what you're talking about. What does Dee Deek mean?" He said, "You know Mahjon?" I said, "Yeah, is Dee Deek another friend?" He nodded yes. How could I be so slow? Also started calling people by a new last name: Duh Dock. Daddy Jake Duh Dock, for example.
- About the grill he warned me: "Don't touch it ever!"
- Wants me to pretend to be Mrs. Anna ("Hey Teacher. Hey Mrs. Anna.") and Mrs. Amber, who cuts his hair ("Ouch, Mrs. Amber!" and I say, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your ears with this brush!")
- "You kidding me?!"
- The day we were about to find out we were having a girl, I was sitting on the couch with Collins watching Mickey Mouse. We didn't have to leave as early that morning. He randomly says, "In five minutes we gonna leave." Amazing, because we really did need to leave in five minutes! He gets that from his daddy.
- Told us once, "I like you. We family."
- Asked, "What's dat girl's name?" referring to the one in my tummy. He now knows her name is Hadley and tells people at school :) When we told him her middle name is Lauren he said, "Like Mommy Tiff Lauren!" like it was the craziest coincidence!
- When Jake and I went on vacation my mom came to our house to stay with Collins the first night. I made the mistake of telling him she'd be here when he woke up. He woke up at 5:30am. And she was on the way! So that was disappointing. I heard him in his room calling, "MawMawwww! Come get me!"
- Told Jake one day, "You make me tired."
- MawMaw taught Collins the song, "Deedle Deedle Dumpling." When we came back from vacation we asked him to sing it while he was taking a bath. He told us, "I'm tired of singing that song."
- One morning I asked if he wanted to wear a red shirt or green shirt to pre-school. He said, "Nuffin! I wanna be naked at p-dule!"
- Driving in the car one morning: "I like Jesus."
- Another car moment was when he started talking about Tylenol. No idea where that came from. But he wanted me to say it. Over and over. "Say it again..." He sounded like a hyena from The Lion King!
- His blessing one day: "God, thank you for food and bless our hearts."
- He tries to convince himself things aren't scary. Initially, he may be scared, but then will say: "It's not scary at all; it's very nice." Sometimes the things he's referring to aren't very nice...snakes, spiders, etc. We try to provide guidance there without making him terrified!
- I got him to take his medicine during breakfast one time by telling him it was grape flavored and he'd like it. He took it and I said, "Not bad, huh?" He said, "Not at all."
- I love this one...he's told me a few times while in the bathroom, shutting the door: "I need potty train." He means privacy :)
- Referred to Hobby Lobby the other day as "Holly Bobby"!
- We have taught him some of the words (there aren't a lot we know) to "Sweet Caroline." He always says, "My Caroline?!" because of the Caroline at church :)
- Loves, loves, loves to be tickled! Will tell us, "Tickle me! Tickle me HARD!"
- Lately we've been pretending I work at McDonald's and he is a drive-through customer. He tells me, "Here, pay lady." lol
- He knows not to pretend to shoot people, but we didn't clarify about Hank apparently. He doesn't actually 'shoot' Hank, just his stinky breath.
- I love how he still whispers, "Be tie-wit!" (quiet)
- He minds very well most of the time. It hurts his feelings to get in trouble and doesn't like when voices are raised. He is a sweet soul :)
Monday, April 29, 2013
Conversations with Collins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment