Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Big News!

Guess who's going to be a big brother! Collins is!!

We are expecting another little one on or around August 27th! We are excited. And a little nervous/scared, but that's normal, right? Mostly excited :)

I found out the night of December 20th because I had a suspicious feeling. I waited to tell Jake until the next day because he had already fallen asleep on the couch and wouldn't have believed me anyway in that state of mind. SO HARD to keep this secret from him even for under 12 hours!

I had already been able to plan a lunch date with Jake for the next day, which is kind of a big deal given his hard-to-predict schedule at times. We had talked about a few different places to eat, but with news like this to deliver I suggested DePalma's :)

I waited to tell him until after we ate since he was having to take care of some work stuff on the phone. He tried to ask me to pay the tab and let him go on and run an errand before we met at the house to assemble stuff for Santa. I didn't go for that. I asked him to come sit next to me on the booth. I told him I wanted him to see a picture on my phone and showed him a pic of the positive pregnancy test! He was excited! He said he definitely didn't expect news like this during lunch :)

Here is a picture of us right after I told him. It's horrible, but in the name of documentation:



We were able to keep quiet during the holidays, especially since we had not yet been to the doctor to confirm anything. I told my sister earlier than I intended, only because it was an opportunity to tell her in person this time. Last time I had to send her flowers and tell her on the phone. This way was more fun! Then, Haylee convinced me to go ahead and tell Mama and Daddy so she could be there to witness their surprise. I hate to tell people secrets like this and then make them swear to silence, but...I did it anyway!


Christmas Day! About 5 weeks!

The night we told my parents and sister!

Just got the news!

This was my impromptu way of announcing...on Collins' menu he'd been coloring on at Desperado's!
 
About 10.5 weeks

Always a fun part...thanks FB :)
 
I don't have any pictures of us telling Jake's parents :( I have the whole thing on film, though, and it's pretty funny, but too long to post. They are excited as well!

I am feeling good overall. I have been nauseated a good bit, but have thrown up only twice. I often tell Collins that I feel queasy. He says, "Ooh feel cheesy?" Yeah. Pretty much. I forgot how much your bathroom trips increase when you're expecting. Particularly around 3:30am.

I have had two doctor's appointments with one ultrasound. So, so good to hear that little heartbeat! Last week when we heard it the bpm was 163. Thankful for a strong heart so far! I am 13 weeks now, so pretty much out of the first trimester!

Collins knows there's a baby in my tummy, but I don't think he really grasps the whole concept yet. How could he?! He will be a great big brother, though. He has said he thinks the baby is a brother. Named Sister. Sometimes he says he thinks it's a girl. If it's a girl he wants her name to be Lucy. Go figure! And if it's a boy he thinks the name is "Mack. Little tiny Mack" because 'Big Boy Mack' is in his classroom. Oh, and once when I told him a baby was in my tummy he told me Jesus was in his. :)

Another random tidbit...I cannot find my maternity clothes. How does that happen? I have a few pieces, but I know of several that I cannot find. Jake looked in the attic and says they're not there. I let Casey borrow them, but both she and I remember her returning them. All in one big container. Luckily, Casey returned the favor and is letting me borrow her clothes, so I'll be okay. But that's just weird (and frustrating!)

I am praying each day for another safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery, and am praying each day for this little one. Having a child already makes it easier to realize how fast this all will go. I am so thankful Jake and I were chosen to borrow another one of God's children. What a wonderful God He is!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! So fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the whole world knows now!!! I can't wait to welcome another Goodin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Collins is getting entirely too big, so it is time for another love bug!

    ReplyDelete