Monday, February 18, 2013

Tubes

We finally had Collins' surgery last Friday. We ended up using a different doctor who operates at a different facility, and I was much more settled this time. I can't explain where the other feeling came from, but everything worked out great!

We had to be there at 6am. Jake and I prayed the night before for things to go according to plan, and for Collins not to even desire something to eat or drink since he couldn't have anything. And he didn't! He was so good in the waiting room (asked everyone their name), and during pre-op. He definitely got on the nurses' good sides! Not even any crying when he went back to the operating room with him. Such a drugged big boy!

The doctor ended up taking out his adenoids (we talked about this possibility at the consult this time!) because they were so swollen. The hardest part was coming out of anesthesia, but even that wasn't bad. Poor baby just wanted to sleep and people kept waking him up!

When we got home (11am), I sat down on the couch holding Collins. I had no idea he'd go to sleep right then and there. I had to adjust myself so I'd be half way comfortable in case the nap lasted three hours. Kinda like when he was an infant! Jake went to pick up the prescriptions and get some lunch for him and me. When he got home Collins was still napping. So Jake had to sit next to me and feed me my Subway sandwich, drink, and cookie :) It looked like I was the patient!

Poppa came soon after we got home and that was helpful when Collins woke up; he was happy to see him! He played good, ate a little, and took a long nap in the guest bed with me. Even went to sleep easily that night.

I am really hoping this surgery will help our baby not have so many infections. Collins has already told us several times, "Too loud." It's been sounding like he's in a tunnel for months, and is finally clear!

In the waiting room.
The most important aspect of your anesthesiologist is his choice of footwear.


Mrs. Vickie tried to get him to put on his hospital bracelet. But Collins won.


Just had a little Sprite and sedative cocktail...getting groggy!

Right when they let us see him again. Mrs. Julie was holding him.
Daddy's got him!
Mommy holding the baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment