Friday, February 1, 2013

Rescheduled Surgery

Today was the day Collins was set to get tubes in his ears. He and I spent two hours at the hospital on Monday doing pre-admission "testing." Basically, they took his temp and blood pressure and went over orders with me. The orders were for tubes and adenoids. I told the nurse we had never discussed adenoids. She followed up the next day and the correct orders were sent. Paranoia.

Oh, and in the waiting room Collins told a lady she had "uggy eyes." She pretended not to hear him so I didn't have to completely die.

Tuesday we got a text message from pre-school saying two children have the flu, one of them in Collins' room. That evening Collins started running a fever. Took him to the doctor on Wednesday. Flu. :(

Jake and I took turns staying with him on Wednesday, then I stayed home with him yesterday and today. He felt much better today. But obviously, we had to cancel surgery. Jake called today and rescheduled it for the 15th. It will be with another doctor (same practice) and will be at another facility. I am happier with this setup for some reason. I don't know what it was about the first time that had me unsettled, but apparently God took care of it.

We have to go for another consultation on the 11th, but no pre-admission testing for this facility.

We are praying Jake and I don't get the flu! All three of us had a flu shot, so hopefully that will at least help with the intensity of it. It is really hard to stay germ free when you're at the house all day with a two-year-old. He thinks we share everything!

 I'll update after our second attempt at tubes!

Haylee sent this to Collins to make him feel better :)

Had the flu, but kept his sense of humor!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I hope he's feeling better soon and you and Jake stay well!

    ReplyDelete