Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tree Trimming

MawMaw and PawPaw came over the weekend of December 4th and played with Collins while Jake and I decorated for Christmas. We drank egg nog and listened to Christmas music, and Collins was as content as could be. I love having the house decorated for Christmas...I wish I could keep the decorations up all year long, but then I'd for sure be deemed a red neck.

I love that almost all (I can think of about 4 that do not) of our ornaments have a special meaning behind them. My mom bought a Hallmark ornament for Haylee and me each year when we were growing up, through about 2001 or 2002. There's one that was a wedding favor from one of my favorite December brides; several of Jake's mamaw's ornaments; some that my granny made; and some that Maw gave us (Maw is the world's greatest Hallmark fan; especially the day after Christmas when ornaments are on sale).



No comments:

Post a Comment