Saturday, July 25, 2026

Hadley Happenings

Old sayings collected over the past few years. Better late than never!

  • Sneaks food into places. LaCroix into restaurant, LaCroix and oatmeal pie into Wed night church!
  • Now what’s the point of them moving? (Maddie and Courtney)
  • Told me she wants a light blue robe for her bday. Then said, “Tell the whole family.”
  • “I’m not putting it on, I’m just gonna wear it like a beard.” (Face mask)
  • Pushed the “on” button on the flat iron and said, “That little red light just came alive.”
  • My feet are just clouding on it (hovering over it)
  • You know what you can say if someone tells you a compliment that’s not nice? (an insult!)
  • Told me, “I love you and I’m not afraid to admit it”!
  • Grizzles! (Gristle)
  • I’m a fierce woman; I fight for my kingdom.
  • “Yawning leads to yawning and laughing leads to laughing”
  • Why do we have to dress up? I don’t even do drugs…(referring to dress up days during red ribbon week; the point is about drug awareness!)
  • Song lyrics: bring your heartaches, bring your burdens. H heard: bring your heartaches, bring your butt in…
  • Told Jake about her math at school (he tried to encourage her to work hard/pay attention): “It’s hard math…like, you probably wouldn’t be able to do it.”
  • Had great time at OCC party, but wanted me at dinner. Not fun. “Then, it just stopped being boring!”
  • Didn’t know how to spell her middle name. Told Jake, “I don’t know! Mama forgot to tell me!”
  • “There’s no mud at extended day. Except for this little dip…a little chip dip…it gets real dippy” (ditch!)
  • Wrote in devotion journal her goal about how often to do quiet time: every day, non stop.
  • “Agh! Collins! There’s a rock coach on your backpack, crawling!”
  • Danced to “open the door, get on the floor” and I asked how she knew that. “I don’t know, I just learned it from hippies.”
  • “Beast your eyes…” (feast)
  • “I like it at first but at the end it hits you down low” (about black coffee)
  • Calls the woods the forest 
  • Told her some people don’t like cotton candy and that I don’t love it because it’s sticky. She gasped and said, “Don’t judge it!”
  • Referred to a memory foam pillow as slow rising.
  • Tasted a wedding cookie: “It’s good, but the pecans are taking advantage.”
  • “It’s kinda overwhelming if you think about it.” About Christmas candlelight service 💗
  • “Oh muck fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh”
  • Woke me up saying there was a wasp in the room looking right at her: We were cooking and it has a wasp recipe and we opened up the box and it came right out (convinced it was real!)
  • Beffridge (beverage)
  • “Did you know that pickles were really cucumbers back in the old days?”
  • I promised myself I’d win (about the UA baseball game)
  • I told Hadley that Haylee had to give blood three times to try to find out if the baby’s a boy or girl. She was concerned and said, “She’s gonna get drunk…”
  • She said her Sunday School lesson was about Moses…I asked, what about him? “He baptized Jesus and a duck landed on his head; not a duck, a swan.” (John the Baptist/dove!)
  • We got ice cream at DQ: “Happy Tastes Good” (their commercial)
  • “I threw my shirt on there but then I took it off and put it on a hook (hanger) to keep it clean.”
  • “We like your cooking we just don’t like the food.” As gentle as she could manage!
  • “I heard the tires screech and I heard my heart sink.” (when a car almost hit us)
  • I was scratching H’s back and she was telling me exactly where to go/scratch. Finally she said, “Now, just…freestyle.”
  • About Christmas pjs: “I notice two things wrong…Santa Claus has a red nose and the snowman has a yellow beak.” 🤣 I laughed and she said, “Add that to your funny list!” (So I am!)
  • Watching Swiss Family Robinson: “Right between the buttered buns!”
  • Tells me to, “Search up (x)” on my phone. 
  • Thought sautéed meant too much salt (when she had swollen fingers after a beach trip)
  • Legit thought/told Grammy she thought the King of Rock-n-Roll was Snoop Dog!
  • “I’m glad God made boys to propose because I would never find the time and I am NOT kneeling.”
  • Accidentally called hay bales “hill barrels.”
  • Saw an old beat up truck and said, “That truck has…tried its best”!
  • “I’m so confuzzled.”
  • Likes the Watsons or Thomases (Waltons) and Little Prairie on the Hill (Little House on the Prairie”)
  • “God, please help me understand what weed is.” (Hopefully to avoid it!)
  • Told her I think she has a black head on her nose: “Why do you call it a black kid?” (Sounds like that when you say it fast!)
  • “Cindy Hulu” (Cindy Loo Hoo from The Grinch)
  • Calls a blood pressure cuff a “pig pumper” (bc of the sound it makes!
  • Kissed my foot and told me my toes taste smoky. 
  • Ront Mose (Mont Rose)
  • Reading a show’s cast, pronounced Phoebe as “Poboy.”
  • “I am the cold bark tree” really-“I am the cold hard truth” (George Jones song)
  • ESPN said: odds to win the division. H: who would want to do that?!
  • Gave me a pedicure and said: “I love helping people in need like you.”
  • “I just got the best news for my brain.”
  • “Did y’all know I know how to get to five places: day camp, home, school, church, TCBY?” (The essentials!)
  • June 2023: found out about Santa, etc. 
  • Heard something squeak and said it needed ADHD-40 (WD-40)
  • “Daddy said you’re a water nerd.” (she meant water snob because I am picky about the taste!)
  • “There’s a little bit of summer left on that tree.” 
  • “Hand waist” (wrist)
  • “I’m getting my lawyer - Maw.” 
  • “Hildan has a fever temper.” (fever virus)

No comments:

Post a Comment