Saturday, July 25, 2026

Conversations with Collins

I found this never-before-published list on my phone! It’s old and covers several years…probably mostly 2023-24 or a little older. Oops!

  • VBS: First day he was the only boy. I felt sorry for him but he said, “I didn’t hate it!”
  • Talking for fun about college roommates…worried about being broke/rent, “I don’t wanna get evicted”
  • Had to make noise bc “my throat gave me that feeling and just had to let her go”
  • About Call of the Wild: there’s a confessed moose (possessed)
  • Asked how to organize money in wallet…told him you can put it in order from smallest to largest, or largest to smallest…whatever you like. He said, “First thing I wanna look at is a $20”!
  • Asking about how much stuff costs, bills, etc. He was shocked and said, “I gotta get a job!” Then googled ‘best jobs for 12 year olds’!
  • Watched movie with him in theatre: on the floor afterward looking for change (saving for $4k go kart)
  • Asked me if showing Lexi a picture of her and her puppy siblings would make her sad 💙
  • 6/15, same day: wanted me to stay on phone with him while he fished for bait till dark at the creek bc he was scared; then rode with Barrett (16) and Jace to their grandparents to spend the night. Lot of growing up in one day!
  • Wanted to stop for “artiphesian” water
  • 2026: crypt A - crippled A - script A! He is still getting that term confused! 

No comments:

Post a Comment