- "Mama, I'm getting new jaws." (jaw teeth, I'm guessing...which he is!)
- "Can we ride the gofe-cart?" (go-cart)
- "I love crab arms!" (crab claws!)
- Has officially changed his favorite color from green to red. Just so you know.
- "You're the best mama I ever had!"
- At one of the dramatic parts of Toy Story 3 when the toys look like they're about to go into the recycling fire, "Are they all freakin'?"
- Still frequently requests that I fold his blue blanket like a "cake." Once said he wants it under his pillow so it will get "fat." I think that means flat!
- "Mama, I want to get baptized." "Really? Well, what does that even mean?" "It means you get married." We are going to postpone baptism for this reason ;)
- Collins tells me fairly frequently that he wants to live with me when he grows up, but he's worried about it because he will have a mama (wife)! Of course, I just tell him she can live with me too!
- Tried to give Hadley a drink of water in the bathtub (yuck!) and said, "Here. Drink this, Mrs. Nesbitt." It's a line from Toy Story 3. We watch that movie a lot.
- "Did God sweat when He made the clouds?"
- Since our beach trip, he remains obsessed with bunk beds. He told me one day he wants to get a new house so he can have bunk beds!
- A girl in his class is named Bella Grace. One time Collins was talking about her and called her "Hella Grace."
- "What do daddies do?" I told him what his daddy does when he goes to work. He said, "No, other daddies. What do other daddies do?" I said, "Well, some daddies are policemen, some are teachers, some are work men...what do you want to do when you're a daddy?" He said, "That's a good question." Then later told me he's going to be a policeman :)
- "Why is Aunt Haylee your sister?" "Because we have the same mommy and daddy." "Is Aunt Haylee older?" "No, I'm older." "You were born first?" "Yep." "Was I born before Hadley?" "Yep." "Was I born before a bird?"...
- In the tub with his sister he told me, "Hadley's hair is so pretty when you water it!"
- "Feel how loose my toe is." ?!
- He's started making his own bed and sometimes our bed. I wish I could take credit, but it's all because Bailey, a friend in his class, makes her bed and her parents' bed. Thank you, Bailey!
- One night we were talking about his birthday party and the guest list. I asked about inviting one little boy and he said, "No, I don't like him. He follows me." I said, "That's not a big deal, is it?" "Yes, even when I say to stop he still follows me and copies me." I said, "Well, Collins, one thing about being one of the oldest in your class is that people may always want to follow you. That's why it's important to make good choices and be a good leader." He said, "I want to pull my eyelashes out." Gracious...
- On Hadley's birthday we sang to her that morning, made a big deal about it, were talking about her party that coming weekend, etc. On the ride to school Collins finally said, "I'm sick of it." I asked for clarification and was right; he was sick of her birthday!
![]() |
| Loves to exercise and eat healthy like his daddy ;) |
- During breakfast one day, "How does the syrup not stick to the bottle?" Good question!
- One morning Hadley was asking for milk while we were driving, and I told her we didn't have any milk in the car. Collins told her she could have some when we got back home, but I corrected him and said, "Actually, she can have milk at school in a little while." As he and I walked out of Hadley's classroom he called to the teacher, "Make sure she gets some milk." I apologized for the bossy-ness (really don't even think the teacher heard him), but was also proud of that big brother! He was also worried one night at church that Hadley would forget her baby doll in the play station. The teachers said he'd been telling them all night that we couldn't forget Hadley's baby!
- One night while I was putting him to bed he wanted to play a new game we invented. I tell him to, "Hurry! Cover up!" then go on to talk to Shredder, Leatherhead, Snakeweed and all the other Ninja Turtle bad guys before saying, "Oh yeah? Well I have someone right here who can fight you, and here he is...three, two, ONE!" at which point Collins pops up from the covers and ninja chops them all to death. Anyway, I told him we could only do the game three times and then I had to leave. After the first two he said, "No, I don't want to play anymore." I asked why and he said, "Because you'll have to leave." Bless that baby boy!
- He tells me how to drive, especially if I ever have to apply the brakes even slightly hard. "Mama, just take your foot off the pedal."
- "You're soakin' right, Mama!"
- One of his teachers went on a cruise recently to celebrate her anniversary. I asked riding to school one day, "Collins, do you think Mrs. Anna is having fun on her cruise?" He said, "Is it a big boat?" "It is!" "Is there food on it?" "Yes." "Are there bad pirates?" "Actually, I don't think there are any pirates." "I think she's having fun."










No comments:
Post a Comment