Monday, June 29, 2015

Little Footsteps

Maybe it's because we're approaching Collins' fifth birthday and that seems incredibly impossible to me, but I've been pretty sentimental lately regarding my babies.

If you happen to have attended our wedding, you'll remember a song called "Blessings" that was written and performed by my sister (and her friend Ellie). I love that song for so many different reasons. Haylee, I don't mean to bug you, but I'm really gonna need an updated recording of that. Or at least the lyrics written down again. Sadly, I lost the ones she had handwritten for that night :(

I remember during the performance of the song at our wedding hearing this one particular part that made me cry even then:

Through the years we'll have 
Good and bad times, because the 
Good Lord giveth, and well, He
Taketh away

And when our world revolves around
Little footsteps that get
Heavier and heavier
Until they just fade away...

Oh man. I can hear that very thing happening. Every time Hadley's sweet little fat, flat feet pitter patter into the kitchen I think about this song and how fast they are both growing.

Did I wish away the baby years thinking about how much I wanted to sleep again and have time to myself and with Jake? Because now they both sleep great. And go for weekends in Mississippi. And time just won't slow down.



No comments:

Post a Comment