Thursday, June 25, 2015

End of T-ball Season

Baseball season ended last month. We had a tournament and I think (hard to remember!) we came in third place. The Indians did a great job in the tournament! Collins actually got his first home run on the one night I couldn't be there :( But luckily, he did it again the next night! That was on May 14th and 15th. So proud of him!

Coach Ryland and Mrs. Terri had all the coaches and their families over to their house one night before the tournament to thank us. We really should have been thanking them! They had sandwiches and the kids got to play in their awesome back yard, complete with a cool, custom tree house, zip line (even a seat attachment so Hadley could play!), and baby rabbits. They had a blast!

On May 22nd we (all the parents) held a celebration banquet at Verner Elementary playground. Yet another awesome playground and I never even knew I had access to it! Shaded and everything...awesome. Anyway, one of the dads grilled hotdogs, we had chips, and one of the moms (also the team photographer...multi-talented woman!) made a cake and cupcakes. Every player received a trophy and an explanation about what the coaches appreciated about them. Collins and Braden both got a trophy for MVP! That boy was pumped to get his very own, first trophy :)

I'm so thankful Collins' first baseball experience was a good one. The coaches and parents really made it wonderful. Go Indians!







No comments:

Post a Comment