Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Conversations with Collins

  • "There's a bug...get the fly swap."
  • "Mommy, is that your bib?" (bra)
  • "Mommy, you have sprinkles on your neck!" (freckles!)
  • As I was messing with his ear one day: "Stop, you're gonna get my tube!"
  • Jake mentioned that we are broke. Collins said, "To pieces?"


  • "I don't wanna come down." (when told to calm down)
  • "Mommy, stop asking me that!" (got frustrated at himself for asking too many questions, and blamed me!)
  • After church one day we were talking about Sunday School. I asked if he remembered what Jesus' mom's name was. He said, "...Loyd...?!" Haha! Mary Loyd loved that :)
  • While eating a popsicle at Steel City Pops one day, Collins observed: "Is that a Christmas tree? In a trash can??" It was a topiary. So, basically, yes. 
  • One day while riding he was trying to tell us some story or ask a question and neither Jake nor I could understand him. We kept asking him to repeat it and finally he said, "Okay...just stop...I don't wanna talk about it anymore."
  • "It's a great day for doing nothing!" (I think this is a Man in the Yellow Hat quote)
  • About Hadley: "She's making a difficult noise." (amen) 



  • Called Doritos "Burrito chips."
  • "Clumb" (crumb)
  • He pretends to be dead fairly frequently. One day he was being dead so I immediately broke out into a dramatic crying scene. I fell over him in the chair and wept, "Oh, my baby!" and sniffed a lot. He imitated me when it was my turn to be dead. Tiny, quick little sniffs and whispers, "My baby...my baby!"
  • Sitting at a red light one day, we saw a crow land on a power line. Collins said, "Hey, look at that eagle." It's all about perspective, huh?!
  • One afternoon the sun was shining ahead of us, but it was cloudy to one side. I asked him how in the world that can happen? He said, "God's tricking us."


  • Right now part of the bedtime routine is that he is a dog named Stafford who is scared, then I whistle and let him smell me and he discovers I'm nice. I get him to do three tricks for treats, and the last one is to speak. He says, "Hi there" like the dog on the movie Up. And we laugh and laugh every single time :)
  • "We smell like hot things." (after playing outside and sweating)
  • He was pretending to lasso the swing post one afternoon and was pulling on his rope. Jake mentioned that what he was doing was pretty hard to do. He said, "Probably I need God to help me."



  • Told me the other day, "Mommy, you're a geen-gus!" (genius) 
  • We love to spot cement trucks on the way to preschool. One day when I was out of town and Jake took them to school they saw four cement trucks. Jake looked at Collins who smiled and said, "It's gonna be a good day."
  • We were pretending on the ride home one day that we had lost Hadley (because Grammy was keeping her while she was sick, so I guess it was realistic?!) I asked Collins what we should do. He said we need to call the police. I said, "Okay. Well, they're gonna want a description; they'll ask what she looks like. What will we tell them?" He said, "She's white...she loves me...she cries a lot...she has a pacifier...that's all." (What more description could they want??)
  • I was asking him the name of a character on a cartoon, "Sheriff Callie's Wild West." I was referring to the cactus, but he thought I meant the woodpecker. He said, "You mean the one with the poker?" (beak) haha!










No comments:

Post a Comment