On Saturday morning Bryan and Jake went turkey hunting, so Beth and I got the kids ready and went to an Easter egg hunt at Bryan's school (he's the high school principal there). As Beth said, we felt like we had been drug by a truck by the time we left, but it was still fun! We went back to their house to meet the guys, then went to Chappy's for lunch. I wish there was a Chappy's in Tuscaloosa...kids eat free there!
After lunch we headed to the house for nap time. God bless nap time. Beth and I got into her bed together and snoozed too!
Around 3ish we all loaded up and went to some land with a pond that Beth's parents own. I forgot what they call it. But who cares, it's fabulous! The boys LOVED fishing together and caught all kinds of silver sides that no one wants in their pond, but they were none the wiser...a fish is a fish to a three year old! They were also able to ride on their John Deere toys while Hadley chilled out on a quilt Beth's mom brought for her.
We grilled hot dogs and sausage dogs on a camp fire and roasted marshmallows for smores! I have not had one of those in a long time and it was Collins' first time to eat one. Yummy!
There are train tracks nearby and the boys got to walk down a ways and see the train go by, then ride on JRO's granddaddy's lawn mower, "Old Razor"! They loved it.
We sure miss having our friends in the same town, but it was fun to have a whole weekend with them. We love you, Olivers, and can't wait to meet baby Rex in July!


























































No comments:
Post a Comment