- I took Collins to the doctor one morning and he wanted to take turns pretending to be the doctor while we waited. When it was my turn I had to sit on the rolling stool and look in his throat. He had gum in his mouth so I said, "You need to spit out that gum before the doctor really gets in here." He asked why, I explained myself, then he spit it out in the trash can. When he got back in his chair he looked at me and said, "Who's Dr. Really?"
- Refers to his classroom as the "Lellow Room."
- Pretends to be a superhero a lot. His favorites: Cap'n Merica, Credible Hulk, and Spiderman.
- "That'll make you sick as a door nail."
- Trying to convince him to take medicine one night, Jake told Collins he needed it to help keep his fever down. Collins said, "My fever is down, Daddy; it's in my leg."
- "I think I'm a little mad about that."
- Has started praying jibberish. I wouldn't exactly call it tongues even. I have to remind him to talk to God and not try to say words fast. Usually, the words he gets hung up on are: "God, help you for this day...and I don't care...and God is good and the Devil is bad...and I don't like you...and we're not complaining." He also sometimes says a "baseball prayer" or a "football prayer."
- One night I had bathed Hadley and him together, got her out and dressed and put her in his room to play while I got him out. He suddenly noticed she was out of the tub and said, "Where is it?" I said, "It? You mean Hadley?!"
- Gets "drown" and "drain" confused. He asked me once about Hadley, "How can she drain?"
- I read in an Easter book that the Pharoh was standing firm on his answer. I quizzed Collins, "What was the Pharoh standing firm on?" Collins said, "His feet." Well...yeah...
- We were listening to one of his Bible songs CDs one morning and one particular song was about to drive me crazy. I changed it and said, "That song makes me nuts." He said, "Me too. It makes my head shake."
- I was talking to him one morning about his tonsil surgery and told him, "We have to remember to tell Ms. Megan and Ms. Jordan that you're going to have your tonsils out this Friday. They're gonna want to pray for you! I bet your friends will pray for you, too!" I was thinking more of a group prayer. But once we got there, Collins went up to each friend individually and granted permission to pray for him. "Drew, you can pray for me! Lucy, are you gonna pray for me? You can! Hey, Mack, you can pray for me...I'm gonna have surgery...I'm gonna have my tonsils out. You can pray." Bless it :)
- Still obsessed with spooky stories, Collins has identified a couple of abandoned houses along the road that are obviously witch houses. We discuss what may be going on in there, such as the cooking of Hansel and Gretel. One morning we found a 'new' abandoned house that had a pump house (or something) out in front of it. He was talking about it and I asked him who lived in there. He said, "Probbly a tiny...tiny...tiny...tiny...tiny...elephant."
- During that same conversation, we also discussed finding a treasure. I said we needed to get a treasure map and asked him how and where we were going to find one. He said, "From the treasure map store!" Oh, yeah!
- He told me one day we could eat puppy chow if we cook it. In case you were wondering, to cook puppy chow you simply put it in the oven after you stir it.
- I asked him once what Poco's dad's name is. "John Smith." Makes sense...I assumed from there that Poco's mom is "Poco-hontas."
- He asked for a glass of milk one night, took a sip, and said, "Mmm...good stuff."
- Okay, I'm going to admit my mom fail of the month. One afternoon I decided to pick up the kids a little early and take them to my office since my friends there hadn't seen them in a while. I guess I got too excited/in a hurry and I forgot to go back around to Collins' side and buckle him. He was sitting in his seat, door closed, and I just plain forgot I hadn't done it. Fortunately, my office is not far at all from preschool. Half way there, Collins said, "Mommy...you forgot to buckle me." I about had a heart attack and pulled over right then. He pointed out that there were two policemen nearby. Then he told me they were going to get me. Then he told everyone at my office that his mommy forgot to buckle him. And he still reminds me frequently, but tells me it's okay. Gracious.
- Collins weighs 38 lbs and is pretty much done with 3T clothing. Some 4T pants are a little long, but mostly they fit. He loves and protects his baby sister and is still doing great most days being dropped off at school. His appetite is awesome and he'll try just about anything once. He is scared of the dark, but only when the power goes out. He is a hard worker and loves to help his daddy do pretty much anything, especially things outside. His new haircut makes him look so much older, and I can't believe how much he's grown in the last year! He is a sweet, funny, smart, handsome little boy and I love him whole much!
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Conversations with Collins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment