Except that's not how it happened.
We started out at preschool and work like any old day. Finally got the email from UA that we were closing a little before 11am. Picked up both kids, but totally didn't think about taking a bottle, formula, or diapers with me for the car ride. Thankfully, I didn't need any of those things and Hadley (God bless her) slept most of the way home.
But what if we had needed it? What if I hadn't had a full tank of gas? I prayed (and stressed) the whole way home wondering if I would have to get out of my car and walk with my two babies to some stranger's house or something. Some of my friends actually had to do that. Wow.
It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to get home. And I complained about that until I later realized that people were in their cars for 4 and 6 hours. Wow again.
We saw at least six ambulances, a few cars sliding, and literally didn't go over 5 mph the whole way. Alabama is not equipped to handle this kind of weather. That is not a complaint about our city personnel, it's a complaint about the stinkin' weather.
I mentioned I prayed a lot and even got Collins to pray for us several times. God answered our prayers. He is so good to us. We even came home to a warm house. Very, very thankful for these blessings.
Jake has been out of town and will come home tomorrow. Right now the roads between here and there are closed. Praying for him to have a safe, and hopefully pretty quick, trip home. Really scary stuff.
I am ready for summer.
I did manage to get some good pictures of Collins playing by himself while Hadley screamed, still in her car seat. You do what ya gotta do. Hoping tomorrow's snow day will be a little less eventful!

























No comments:
Post a Comment