Monday, January 27, 2014

Conversations with Collins

  •  "I'm Goliaff; kill me with your sing slot!"
  •  "Alize la dee da, alize la dee da" (Faliz Navidad)
  •  "Are we driving on the intersteak?"
  •  Riding in the backseat with him one day he puts his hand on my forehead and says, "Mama, ooh got spring fever."
  •  "Don't rept me." (Don't interrupt me.)
  • Leaving Granny's house: "Is that the railroad cracks?"
  • "Work with me!"
  • I told him, "Happy New Year!" He answered, "Is the Easter Bunny coming?!"
  • I told him I was 31. He said, "I'm 31 too...see?" and turns around for me to see the number on his shirt. It wasn't 31, of course, but good to know he thinks I'm 31 only in an athletic sense.
  • The boy picks bell peppers off his pizza...to eat them! He's three; shouldn't he hate everything except cheese? I'm not complaining, just shocked!
  • I promised to 'Turn into Peyton' and play football with him if he sang "Away in a Manger" for Granny and Granddaddy. He took me up on it. Then when I was beat up from playing I told him I had turned back into Mommy. He immediately burst back into song to see if the magic still worked. (It didn't!)
  • He gave me rose petal bath soaps for Christmas and has been the only one to use them. He likes putting them in his bath water because it makes "apple cider" (?!)
  • "Cupunger" (cucumber)
  • Refers to the bully on the Berenstain Bears as "Tip Top." His name is actually Too Tall.
  • Pretending to go take a shower he announces to us, "I'm going to take a shower; I'll be back in 40 years." 
  • I called Courtney on the way to school/work the other day and we sung to her for her birthday. Lily was still in the bed and Annabelle was up eating breakfast; we could hear her in the background. Collins needed to hold the phone, but it was on speaker so everybody could hear everything. He says, "Mama, I wanna talk to Jingle Bell (Annabelle); is dat nuther gull asleep?" and then, "Mommy, it's my turn to talk; Do you  hear my words, Mommy?" Sass!!
  • "Look at that muddy puddle."
  • His excuse for arguing lately is that "Santa made me magic." I told him "God made me Mommy and God trumps Santa." Well, He does!
  • Talking about a bride, Collins recalls: "Like Sydney." I said, "Yep, a bride like Sydney." He said, "I like Sydney. She's cute."
  • Pretending to be Daddy in the car: "Where's my phone?" I asked, "Hey, Daddy...who are you calling?' "Ghost busters."
  • Tells me how to play football. "Mommy, say, 'Get dat ball, A.J. McCarron.'"
  • Asked me one day if he could pee-pee outside. It was freezing. I said no. He clarified, "Only on Sunday and Monday?"
  • Hadley sneezed in his face one day and he told me, "She sprayed me."
  • We threw away a bath toy because it stunk. He tried to get it out of the trash. "It doesn't stunk any more!"
  • Riding home one day Collins randomly and proudly says: "Mommy, I didn't eat a booger." Suspicion sets in. I said, "You didn't?" "No ma'am." ::::pause:::: "What did it taste like?" "Yummy." Oh my gracious....
  • "You know Kayloni?" "Yes, I do." "She's so nice!"
  • While putting him to bed one night he told me he needed to go to the bathroom. He comes back. I said, "Did you pee-pee?" "Yes ma'am." "Did you flush?" "No ma'am." ::::pause:::: "Did you pee-pee in the potty?" "No ma'am." "Did you pee-pee in the tub." "Yes ma'am!" (on Hadley's bath sponge, I might add.)
  • See this logo?
    Collins refers to it as 'The Blue S.'  That's how we know which channel he means. :)

1 comment:

  1. i never had to deal with big brothers pee-peeing on baby sisters sponge. i just had to deal with baby sister cleaning the toilet with big sisters tooth brush. girls are vindictive!!

    ReplyDelete