On 10/22/13, Hadley weighed 11 pounds and was 21.5 inches long (but Beth thinks she may have not been measured accurately). She is in the 60th percentile for weight and 15th for height, according to that measurement. She got four shots and the stuff they put in her mouth. I'm sure I should remember what all those vaccines were, but alas, I do not. She cried, of course, but not for long. It is pitiful to see her little lip roll out!
Hadley has been smiling and cooing a lot lately and it is so precious! I could swear she has told me "love you," "thank you," "mommy," and "boo"! I ask what the baby says at Halloween and sometimes catch her saying "boo"! haha
Hadley smiles with her eyes, as MawMaw pointed out :) She still takes 4 oz of formula (tried the Target kind and so far, so good!), but sometimes takes 5 oz. She typically eats every three hours, but has been cluster feeding before bedtime lately. She eats every two hours the last two or three feedings, then sometimes sleeps all night (10:30ish-6:00ish)! Twice this week she has woken up to eat around 2am, but she's also sick :( She has her first cold and is snotty...bless it.
We have long moved on from newborn and size one diapers, and are now in a size two. I hope she stays there for a while because we got a lot of size twos for gifts!
The car seat is still considered a torture device. Most babies fall asleep in the car. Not mine. Unless they just become too exhausted. I wear earplugs in the car unless Collins is in there with me. The other day I heard him tell her, "It's okay, Hadley; big brother is right here." How sweet! Of course, sometimes he yells at her: "Hush, Hadley!!"
One day this week Hadley and I picked up Collins at preschool. She cried the whole way there. Usually she stops once I pick up the carrier, but she kept crying. Then she projectile vomited as I was talking to one of the teachers. All over her and the car seat. She had eaten at least an hour before that and doesn't usually spit up much at all. She was just that mad!
Who cares if she doesn't ride well as long as she sleeps well, right?!
I kept both kids by myself for the first time on 10/24, and again this past Sunday through Tuesday. You can call me Superwoman. Just kidding, it wasn't that seamless, but I did it and feel more confident for the next time Jake has to leave. Hats off to all the single parents out there. Wow. I can't imagine doing that by myself all the time.
Some recent pics of our little angel:
| Hey! |
| Waiting to see Nurse Beth! |
| Right after shots...zonked out! I think it was a coping mechanism. |
| These bloomers have rhinestones on them! They are already too little, as you can tell from her rolls. But they were too cute not to at least get one picture. Thanks, MawMaw! |
| Love that tongue! |




No comments:
Post a Comment