Hadley is happy the majority of the time. She is not a fan of riding in the car, though. Neither was Collins. Maybe the car seat isn't comfy, but...safety first!
She is sleeping on her tummy already. We started that way early because she likes it much better and has a strong neck. On 9/18 she flipped from her tummy to her back by herself. Grant it, it was because she was so mad, but still. ;)
I may not write down the turning over date in her baby book just yet, but she is definitely smiling now days...and not just those early dream smiles! She first smiled at MawMaw and me around 3.5 weeks, and also smiled for Nana when she kept her (9/20). It's getting easier to make her smile because she can find us to make eye contact better. That gummy smile is the cutest thing on earth!
Another cute thing she does is smack. Love it. I guess maybe she's looking for her paci? Speaking of, she takes a paci, but is not the fan of it Collins was. At least not yet.
Hadley is a great sleeper, like her mom! haha She really does love to sleep. She either wakes up once during the night to eat, or sleeps through the night (5 or 6 hours) if she goes to bed late or wakes up early. This past weekend my parents came and let me sleep by myself instead of with or next to Hadley. Mom put her in her crib and she stayed the whole time! She naps in her crib well for me, but I usually sleep on the couch at night and put her in a chair that's pulled right up next to the couch (another of my mom's genius ideas!) I was going to try her in her crib last night, but she was upset for a while, so I just stuck to what I knew worked.
She is still eating four ounces every three hours except when she goes longer stretches at night. We have been using Enfamil Newborn, but right now I'm using Enfamil Gentlease (for fussiness and gas), only because we had a can from our hospital stay and CVS was out of the other when I went to buy it. Eventually, we want to try the Target brand formula because everyone recommends it. I hope it will work okay. Collins had to be on Nutramigen or Alimentum and there was no generic form for that expensive stuff!
Her hair and eyelashes are getting long! You can also start to see some meat on those legs now instead of being so skinny. I can't wait for the rolls!
I am really enjoying maternity leave this time. I am not nearly as anxious or tired. I always wished I could have stayed home with Collins when he was older because he was challenging as a newborn (and me as a new mom). I can already tell I will not be as happy to get back to work this time.
Hadley is a joy to all of us. We love her so much!
| The set-up! |


oh my word! the picture of her smiling just melted my heart.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!!!
ReplyDelete