Collins continues to LOVE Katie and Meri Davis. He usually only sees them after church, but is getting to see them this week at Nana Wilda's since preschool is closed. The girls have been giving him bubble gum that they get in Sunday School lately. After two times we finally started intercepting and biting it in half before he gets his little jaws on it!
Two weekends ago we and another family went to Jake's boss' house for dinner. Jeremy and Allison cooked BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, etc. and it was tasty! They have twins, Ford and Anna, who are five years old. Collins got to climb the ladder on Ford's bunk bed (scary!), jump on their trampoline, and ride in Anna's electric car. He loved that car!
After Grammy's pink eye healed, she came over and kept Collins (last Monday) before she had to start school again. Thankfully, she doesn't mind taking him to get haircuts! Mrs. Amber was out of town so a different lady cut Collins' hair. This picture was after the first round. Even with a second round you can barely tell it's cut, but at least it's somewhat out of his eyes. Jake and I have talked about letting Collins get a big boy (shorter) haircut soon. I already had one nightmare about it. I guess it needs to happen, but I do love seeing that hair move when he runs, and I know he's going to look so much older with it short. I'm not letting it happen before his sister gets here. And probably not before he turns three. Mama has spoken.
Preschool was closed last Thursday and Friday and this whole week. MawMaw kept Collins last week and will come again this Thursday and Friday to keep him. On Friday they went outside and Collins played in his little pool. He found a big bug. MawMaw mentioned not to squeeze it because it probably has yellow guts. Collins named the bug Yellow Gut. He took him swimming in his pool. On Sunday, Yellow Gut was somehow still in tact so the two friends played together again. If Collins gets a rare disease we will know why and will call it Yellow Gut Syndrome.
Mr. Joe and Mrs. Wilda kept Collins for a little while on Saturday night while Jake and I had a date! We went to Chuck's and had sushi. I got online that Tuesday and chose which rolls I wanted. It was long anticipated! We also had the Uptown Shrimp appetizer and White Chocolate Bread Pudding...so delicious! (Lauren, I saw where that was yall's menu of choice for your 'Last Supper' too! We have great taste ;)
We took a picture of each other, but only one was blog worthy.
Jake has been
I took Collins to see Beth (CRNP) yesterday because his tonsils are still "swallen." They swabbed for strep twice a couple of weeks ago and it was negative both times. She didn't swab again, but referred us to the ENT because of how swollen and red they are. He is a little hoarse right now, too. The tube has fallen out of his left ear. Naturally, he woke up this morning complaining that his ear hurt. Jake is going to take him to the ENT Thursday morning to see if there is anything we can do right now.We are really hoping there won't be any tonsil/ear drama around the time Hadley is being born. I don't know why...not like we'll be sleeping anyway!
I had a doctor's appointment this morning and things are still going well! At 37 weeks I have gained 39 pounds. There is hope I won't break 50. My blood pressure was good and Hadley's heart rate was 143. Dr. Myers said she could tell the baby is lower and I am at 1 cm! The doctor said that's good, but not too exciting yet. We'll see!
*After I wrote the paragraph above I checked back to see where we were with Collins at this point. Incredibly similar!*
My next appointment is on Tuesday, 8/13/13 at 1:15pm. That's Aunt Tammy's birthday and I've been told to try to have Hadley that day! But you know how I feel about odd numbers...I can't promise anything.
Y'all do have great taste :) Glad y'all got to have a date night!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your new table in the earlier post. It is gorgeous!