All this time we have been confused on whether the date was the 27th or 29th. Today I asked how they tell...date of last cycle or ultrasound measurement. Dr. Myers said they use both and if the two dates are close, they go with the cycle. Which means the 27th. I told her we were told they had it in their system as the 29th. She double checked and said no. But the nurse commented earlier about how I was 38.5 weeks. Confusing. Also irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
It was a good appointment today because there was progress! I am now 2 cm and 75%! My blood pressure was good...132/80 I think. Hadley's heart rate was 158. I have gained a total of 42 pounds, but plan on eating more turtle pie tonight, so ya know.
Jake said he thinks I'll have her sometime this week and Dr. Myers agreed. Her reasoning is based on my progression and the fact that this is my second baby. Jake's reasoning is that tomorrow night is a full (and not just that, but a BLUE) moon! haha
I thought twice last night that my water broke, but turns out it was just paranoia. Or maybe pee. Sorry.
Dr. Myers asked if I wanted "help" by inducing me. I told her no. I am not really sure why. It makes sense to induce when you're this far along, have a three-year-old at home, and all your family lives out of state. But for some reason I just think it will be an easier, quicker labor if my body goes into labor on its own. Especially since it's already started. I may totally regret this decision! Last night I wrote Collins a note just in case he wakes up one morning and we aren't there. That's what I'm most nervous about...him thinking we left him for Hadley! In reality, he will probably just be excited. I need to chill. And keep praying.
I haven't taken a real 39 week picture yet, so this is what I have...my view! (not sure how to rotate it):
| Come on Hadley! |
No comments:
Post a Comment