Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Conversations with Collins

Here are some new things Collins has said or done lately:

  • "Cawins Dabid Doodin" (his name!)
  • "I NOT!" (when being told not to do something; just like a teenager!)
  • Likes to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," "Here Comes Santa Claus," and "Up on the Houstop"
  • Likes to say he's a doctor; "I help people feel better." 
  • Loves to look at Christmas decorations! Says, "Look! Decorations!" and "Let's find more!" Also wanted to, "See dat dog POP oudda dat choo choo train!" (a blow up of a reindeer popping out of a present)
  • Tells me I'm pretty and that I'm his girlfriend! But sometimes this preschool chic named Kendall is his girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I can take her, though.
  • Calls me "Mommy Tiff Doodin" and Jake "Daddy Jake Doodin." And of course, "Hanky Poo Doodin." Recently started calling me "Mommy Dabid Doodin" (David!)
  • Said his daddy was "sharp!" (Jake tells him he looks sharp a lot.)
  • "I busy right now."
  • "I not in trouble right now."
  • "It's fine." (after a spill or something)
  • "It's my birthday! Sing!" (and we do it)
  • Has to be corrected often for being too bossy!
  • Recently told Jake, "Daddy! It's raining on my knuckles!"
  • While I was on a work trip, Collins woke up early one morning and called, "Daddy!!" Jake flies in the there and Collins asks, "Where my pappus?" Jake said, "Son, you called me in here for that?!" :)
  • Likes to trace people's hands on paper. Says, "be still."
  • Driving home one night I said I was hungry. Collins said, "I hungry too. I want spaghetti!"
  • "I gone run away." (shouldn't he be at least five before he wants to run away??)
  • "Lee me lone." (more teenage back talk!)
  • "My knee hurts; I old" (as he staggers to get up)
  • "What ew doin, Mama?" (while driving; x50,000!)
  • Sometimes says, "Mama, what ew doin', baby?"
  • "My effant" (elephant)
  • We frequently read, The Night Before Christmas. In the scene where the man is looking out the window at Santa's sleigh Collins asked, "What him name?" I said, "I'm not sure. What do you think? Maybe Pete?" He said, "No, Mr. Powell." To my knowledge, Collins doesn't even know anyone named Mr. Powell. But he refers to the book as "dat Mr. Powell book."
  • The cut glass on our front door looks like a pig to Collins. He won't go into the foyer because he says, "dat pig get me!"
  • My boy is obsessed with bare feet. He likes to look at them and smell them. He made our friend Ashley let him touch her bare feet not too long ago, and made Haylee show him hers while video chatting on the phone. 
  • The other day I couldn't figure out what he was saying, so I asked him to repeat himself several times. I finally got it. Then he said, "You made me mad."
  • Tells his daddy, "Love you WHOLE much!"
  • "Don't cry; Santa Claus watching!"
  • "I mean it!" (more sass)
  • "Tiss! Hug!!" (at night after we put him in bed and when we leave preschool; he wants one more kiss and hug!)
  • Tells Jake and me to pretend to be dogs. Jake is the big dog who barks loud and I'm the little dog who whimpers. Then he comes over to me, pats me gently, and says, "It's otay, Mama...you a puppy?"
  • "Hey guys!" (pretty sure he learned this at school!)

2 comments:

  1. These are too funny! My favorite is Mr. Powell!! We had so much fun with him in the playstation Sunday :) He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously laughed out loud reading some of these!! so funny!

    ReplyDelete