Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick Stats

The baby boy turned six months old last Monday, March 21st! Wow. We went to his doctor's appointment on Friday and he weighed 19.5 lbs and was 24 inches long. Maybe. I never remember length. He's in the 25th percentile so Jake's still worried he will be short.

Collins did great (again) for his shots. Such a trooper so far. We went home over the weekend and he got to hang out with his cousins and do his six month photo shoot with Haley and Kyle.

My friend, Lindsey, had her baby girl, Ellie Kathryn, last night. I went to visit them today during my lunch hour and it was weird! They are in the room right across the hall from where we were...saw two of my nurses...just strange being back there. I smiled at a couple coming out the door to take their baby home while I was walking in. Used to, I'd think "awww..." Now I think, "awww...but you have NO idea!!" It was mostly sympathy I felt for them, which makes me feel like a rain cloud kind of a person.

Back to Collins...this six month stuff is so much fun! I love, love his expressions, motorboat noises, and snuggliness! My favorite part of his smile is how he starts smiling with his eyes, then the little half smile, then the full out grin. Precious! And I love when he's napping on Mrs. Wilda or Mr. Joe in the afternoon and hears me start talking once I get there...he obviously loves his mommy. (and daddy of course!)

He is babbling a lot and says, "mamamma" and "dadadadada," but has no idea those are our names ;)

Sweet, sweet boy! So thankful for him.


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe he is 6 months old!!! He is precious! We miss y'all at church since we aren't in Sunday school. Maybe we will see you Saturday?

    ReplyDelete