




Collins turned six weeks old last Tuesday! Hard to believe. He's doing much better now as far as sleeping. Last night he slept from 12am-5am in his crib! He would only sleep on me a couple of weeks ago, so this is huge. He also usually takes a good 2-3 hour nap in his crib around 1:30pm-ish. We have switched from soy formula to Nutramigen because the soy constipated him. He sometimes spits up the Nutramigen, but not bad. He has some bad stints with gas at least a few nights a week. I've tried Mylicon, Colic Calm, Gripe Water, etc. Poor baby just gets gas sometimes. I was proud of myself yesterday because I took him for a ride in the car all by myself! (I have to take baby steps.) I didn't know how he'd act without someone there to stick a paci in his mouth, but he did great. I may try to get out and do something or visit work this coming week. Maybe. It kind of intimidates me to try something like that. I guess I'm a wimp! My mom and I took Collins to Downtown Baby earlier today to get his Christmas picture made by April Hollingsworth. He didn't smile big like in the pics above, but there are still some great shots! He is so sweet and cute. I'm hoping things (i.e., sleeping, BMs, formula, gas, and my confidence) keep improving from here. We love him so very much!
don't worry, girl! you are a great mom. you are so cute and funny! it's so neat to read this because it reminds me SO much of when Jack was first born (how I felt). Then, with the second one, you just put them in the car and go without even thinking about it. and, you think to yourself: "what was I so worried about? the worst thing that could have happened was he would start crying!" It's so funny because as mothers, we want to try our hardest to keep our babies happy and we're all doing a great job. It's actually been proven that a little bit of crying is good for a baby, as long as his/her needs are getting met (which, clearly they are!). :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Encouragement is always welcomed :)
ReplyDeleteHe is too sweet!! I need to come for another visit soon! Miss you!!
ReplyDelete