I'm proud of myself. I took Collins for an outing all by myself today :) We went to Barnes and Noble. Turns out, he doesn't care for reading yet.
We were there about 10 minutes, I got an iced white mocha (which I sucked down in 1 minute) and then he started fussing. By the time we got to the car he was mad as all get out.
Screamed and cried and quit breathing and all. I pulled over twice (once after getting on campus...for some reason I thought he'd like campus, but things are way too slow there) to try to give him his paci back, but nothing worked till we got going faster. And then red lights were a problem.
THEN I decided to stroll with him since it's nice out. He screamed again. But only for a little while. I kept sticking paci back in (while pushing) and eventually he fell asleep. I got in a good 30 minute walk, but pushed it just a little too far. Screaming again by the time we got back.
Oh well...live and learn! At least I'm getting more used to the screams. There will be plenty more to come (like the next time he has a dirty diaper)!
No comments:
Post a Comment