Collins is wonderful! He arrived on Tuesday, September 21st, one day after his due date. He was born at 1:20pm and weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 inches long. Labor went great...water broke around 1am, so total process was about 12 hours. I only pushed for 48 minutes.
We are so blessed to have a healthy little baby boy! We love him so very much. When people tell you that you won't understand until you experience it, they absolutely mean it. It's like trying to explain the color blue to a person who can't see. You just can't describe it until you feel it.
Jake is the best daddy. Seriously, he has done so much around the house and has helped Collins and me more than he could ever know. He went back to work this week and he misses him so much. My mom was here from the time we came home (Thursday) till last night (Tuesday). Melissa is here now and will stay through the weekend. They are both SUCH a huge help. What would I do without them?
I have started writing in a journal all the details I want to remember. Somehow that's a little easier than starting up the laptop. I hope I figure out how to manage things well enough to document his milestones on here. From what I hear, this no sleep and no time stuff gets a little better as he gets older, so here's hoping!
That's all for now...just wanted to share how much I love this little boy and how proud I am of him :)




No comments:
Post a Comment