Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Are We There Yet?

I just came back from the doctor and there was no difference at all from last week to this week! Jake was ticked! ;) The doctor and I both had to convince him that it can still happen quickly and at any time.

My blood pressure was 140/70, I had gained 2 lbs., and the baby's heart rate was 151. But no progression. So...she stripped my membranes.

I feel like I just got Rated-R on my blog.

It sounds so gross and painful, but really wasn't that bad. Apparently, that's an option they do at this point that can help induce labor sometimes, but isn't a guarantee or nearly as invasive as pitocin. Just a natural help kind of thing. She had me freaked out, but it was okay.

Sorry if that was TMI for a blog. I don't know. Just keeping a journal of things b/c I'm sure I'll block most of this out of my head soon.

We scheduled another appointment for Monday the 20th (due date!) if I'm still pregnant then. At that point we'll schedule an induction date. I'm really hoping I don't have to be induced, but I guess I'll trust the doctor!


39 weeks, 9.13.10

No comments:

Post a Comment