Sunday, June 13, 2010

10 Years!

Last Saturday (June 5th) I had my 10 year class reunion from Enterprise High School! I cannot believe I'm old enough to have a 10 year reunion AND be pregnant at it! Wow...this is weird. It was a fun weekend. We went to Clarkco (park) from 1-3pm where we ate ice cream and let the kids play in the water spout and playground. It rained during part of that, but not too bad. It was hot. The ice cream was melty, but luckily ice cream still tastes good no matter the form. Only 13 classmates showed up for the day event, but it was good to see them and catch up. There were a few kinks throughout the day...like how I thought my mom was stranded on the side of the road b/c she was later than we expected bringing ice cream back from the store and her phone was dead!

That night at 7pm everyone went to the Morrow's camp house (their actual house now) where we used to get together to do Homecoming floats. We had BBQ and fixins (provided by Jake's company) and Long's cole slaw. The food was great, but there was a lot left over. We sent people home with to-go plates plus left a bunch for our parents to enjoy. There was a bigger turnout for the night event and it was really fun and relaxed...exactly what I wanted! We almost had this part of the reunion at a restaurant, but it ended up being cheaper per person to have it at a house. Plus, you could move around more and talk to everyone instead of just the people you sat next to.

It was so good to see everyone...didn't feel like it had been 10 years at all! After we ate we all gathered inside to watch the memory video we made our senior year. That was funny!

I was SO TIRED after this weekend (b/c we also gave my cousin a wedding shower the next day...at the Quitman Depot where the air conditioner was broken). It was a LOT of running around since we were responsible for so much of the reunion. We ended up losing about $150 since not everyone who said they were coming actually came, but that's okay...we expected to lose some anyway. I'm just glad it was a fun time and no one seemed to feel out of place or awkward. Makes me wish we could have another one in just five years...if somebody else plans it!



















No comments:

Post a Comment