 |
| Talking about baptism :) |
 |
| Daddy's new truck! Might be his one day...wow! |
 |
| Playing spies or something. |
- We were playing in a fort in his room one evening and were pretending to hunt and eat a bear. Collins was going to 'cut' it and said, "Wait...I have a machete."
- Loves to build stuff/craft a lot lately. As in, make 'airplanes' out of cardboard boxes and such. And keep them for months.
- For the first semester of second grade, he danced every single day when he got off the bus. As in, ran to the drive way, threw down his back pack, turned to face all the kids hanging out the window cheering for him, and did the floss, orange justice, hike, etc. I loved watching that!
- "I want to be a doctor so I can make kids scream." (?!)
 |
| Collins and Grayson Powell |
- Prayed for Haylee to be excited when Chance is born :)
- Loves to "roast/burn/school" people. Kids and grown-ups alike!
- "I just burned your husband!" (To me!)
- "My rib case" (cage)
- Gum tastes like Dollar General to him and Hadley. They'll get a piece, hold it in their mouths for a while, and say, "I'm at the Dollar General part!" I guess it’s in levels!
 |
| Cleaning those stinkin' hermit crabs that have lived forever! |
 |
| Pumping up the basketball with John Conner real quick before the bus comes! |
 |
| New games the Olivers brought over! |
- Asked me about Tiger Woods, "Is his name Tiger Blood or Tiger Rock?"
- Told Mrs. Barnes, “If I was a teacher, I’d move Brooke’s clip up” when he noticed a classmate making good choices! haha! At least he's friendly bossy!
- When he got a new watch, he would tell us the time every two minutes and kind of flip out if a different clock was 'wrong' (off by a minute or two). We had to talk about how he was going to drive Mrs. Barnes crazy if he did that at school, so hopefully he didn't (too much)!
- “Mrs Judith (former children's director at church) saw a kid on eBay selling an air guitar for one cent!” Ha! I said, "Oh really? An air guitar, huh? What do you think about that?" He said, “I want one!” hahaha! Bless him!
 |
| Happy 60th Birthday, Grammy! |
 |
| Literally, climbing the walls! |
 |
| Best in the world...I'll remind him of this one day! |
 |
| Going in a tunnel! I think we were heading to the mountains! |
 |
| Feed the Hunger pack-a-thon at church. |
- After having a sleepless night the night before, I woke him up the next morning and asked how he felt/slept. I think I had given him some cold medicine before bed. First thing he said: “It worked” (what? the medicine?) “If I had time, I would shoot those chickens.” (what???) ((pause)) “Maybe I had a dream about chickens...” haha!
- He told me they cleaned out their desks before the Christmas break and that he had a lot of junk in his desk. "I came in second place." (second worst/messiest desk in the class; but almost won that competition!)
- My friend, Corrie, was coming over one day and when talking about her I mentioned that she helped give me my first shower when I was pregnant with him...”Why? You couldn’t bathe yourself?” (dead serious)
 |
| Dancing! |
 |
| Getting on the bus. |
 |
| Some snacks my friend, Jamie, from China bought them to try :) |
 |
| With Thatcher and Kurt at the ACA football game. |
 |
| Maybe Veteran's Day (?) |
- Hadley couldn’t say Gilliam and was trying (Caroline's last name). Collins helped her, then said, “She’ll be a Goodin one day. I’m gonna work for it!” whoa! (I told Hadley I hope Caroline doesn't break his heart one day, to which she said, "She better not or I’ll get my muscle out!")
- "I got another pack!" (6 pack/ab...one at a time I guess!)
- "My arm is sore because I raised my hand for twenty minutes!"
- For some reason, he got so excited about us getting an Aldi (grocery store) in Northport! “I just got so excited I pooted...a few times.” All boy!
And now for ALL the rest of the pictures I want to include:
 |
| This happens a lot! |
 |
| It was pajama day for Hadley and I THOUGHT for Collins, too...wrong!! |
 |
| He was trying to draw a tie-dye picture (red one in the center), but messed up...so he turned it into this! I thought it was so smart. |
 |
| The cup he made at All Fired Up with Grammy! |
 |
| Bought this pup with his money. Was so proud of it! |
 |
| Also bought a digital watch/step counter thing with his money and was SO EXCITED when it finally came in the mail! |
 |
| Little engineer! |
 |
| They decided they liked washing dishes! |
 |
| Chatting with Chuck E.! |
 |
| Ticket Master! |
 |
| Greeters :) |
 |
| When he had the flu :( If he's ever quiet or still for too long, we know he's sick. |
 |
| I gave him and Hadley balloons for Valentine's Day. They loved them. So much that we had to do a photo shoot. This is one of 20+ poses to capture it just right with all the best props. |
 |
| Cokes after a haircut! |
 |
| He LOVES to tickle people and surprise them (i.e., scare them to death)! |
 |
| Jake's salad looked like a bunny! |
 |
| Swingin' with Maw! With a gun... |
 |
| Thatcher and Collins at McAlister's (Thatch's favorite place!) |
 |
| First time to have a friend spend the night! Thatcher, Collins, and Hadley playing :) |
 |
| Had an appointment with Dr. Katy, so we got to see MawMaw! |
 |
| After a game, at Newk's with MawMaw and PawPaw! |
 |
| Poppa's first time in a blanket at a baseball game ;) |
 |
| He loves to help Mr. Beau across the street! |
 |
| Collected trimmings from Mr. Beau's yard and killed a lot of wasps...so made a wasp graveyard type thing (???) |
 |
| Fishing with his friend, Mason Jackson, at Tiffany's parents' place! |
 |
| Mr. Greg helping out! |
 |
| So proud and SO disappointed when he learned they had to throw it back in! |
 |
| Cleaning fish from a trip to Poppa and Grammy's. |
 |
| Consoling Hadley after he hurt her feelings or made her mad about something. It looks sweet, but it wasn't all that way! |
 |
| Yard ball after dance one night :) |
 |
| Mason and Collins before a game. |
 |
| Last second grade field trip to Tannehill! |
 |
| Lookin' good! |
 |
| First time kayaking at the lake with Grayson! |
 |
| He said the backs of Daddy's shoes look like Indians with war paint on! |
 |
| Owen, Kurt, and Collins at Chapel Hill VBS |
 |
| Finding out he made All-Stars! |
 |
| Jenga selfie at Granny and Granddaddy's house! |
 |
| Collins and Mason, on the way to ball practice :) |
 |
| Playing and swimming at Quitman Country Club! |








Collins is so special. It's hard to get on to him even though he will drive you absolutely crazy with his persistence and negotiation. He is almost always happy and cracks smiles that make you do the same. Even when you're mad! But when he gets hurt, he feels it big. He is tender-hearted, too. I wouldn't say he's naturally neat. We remind him every day to pick up his wet towel after his shower, close the drawers all the way, put the clothes in the hamper instead of beside it...normal boy stuff I guess! But he will organize and keep track of his tackle box and money collection with no problem, and can tell if you've moved a stuffed animal! He does not care for showers when it's time to get in, but he takes looonnng showers and we have to force him to get out! Loves to sing in the shower and it warms our hearts to hear him :) He also loves our bedtime routine. After Hadley goes to bed, I go in his room and we read a book (have to make him read some parts at times...he'd rather I do it all), and then we snuggle. Do not forget or rush the snuggle part! He does not like potatoes of any sort (except french fries), does not like shrimp...a few other foods, but mostly is a good, non-picky eater. He is still easy to wake up in the mornings and falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow at night. He likes to say 'seaweed' to Hadley because it makes her feel sick?! But he loves her and is protective of her. Loves to scare people, especially his daddy! And cannot get enough play time with friends. I don't think he's ever needed space/a break from people, which is why he can't understand when we do need one! He has a lot of energy and is a hard worker. I love this boy so much. I wish I could freeze time because I know the 'boy' years are going fast :(
No comments:
Post a Comment