- Hadley loves to watch Peppa Pig, Chipmunks, Spider-Man (sometimes), and sometimes likes it when Collins is watching PJ Masks, Octonauts, and Calliou. They also like Doc McStuffins and Sophia, but in spurts.
- "I'm so excited to be your mommy! You're bootiful!" she'll tell me :)
- "Do you know Lai-Lai?" she asks all kinds of people about her best friend!
- "Where's my baby Wucy?" (Lucy)
- The doll formerly known as Pink is now her sister.
- "We don't say 'shut-up'; we don't say 'poo-poo.'" (a safe way to say potty words)
- "You mighty get a panking for dat."
![]() |
| Visiting our friends at Brookdale |
| Caught putting sunscreen on herself and baby Lucy. |
| Hmm. |
- "I payed on the big paydound!" (playground) "It was HOOGE!"
- She's started playfully calling me, "Mommy ho ho" or "My mama ho ho"!?!
- "Baby Wucy was born in a manger."
- "Me almost bigger!" (about going to the "lellow room" next year!)
- "I'm dunna mind Miss Jordan and Mrs. Megan...and I'm dunna say yes ma'am to dem...and I'm not dunna hit dem."
- We heard "Blessed be the Name" on the phone/radio one morning and she said, "PawPaw sing dat!"
| She loves to play with her teachers' phones, especially with Snap Chat (which she calls Face Time!) |
| Silly! |
- "There's Clifford the real big dog!" (instead of the big red dog like in the books/show!)
- Loves to read "Rumplestilskin" and "Ruh Pum Pum Pum Pum" at night (Little Drummer Boy)
- Loves to make and play in hideouts with her brother!
- "Dats awful!" (awesome)
- While we were swimming with the Olivers during our beach trip, Hadley had started cleaning up the pool toys once it was time to go. Jake tried asking her something while she was busy cleaning and she said, "I can't hear you right now."
- Prays for "Untle Myntal" (Uncle Michael) at night.
- "That guy took my necklace," referring to little Rex Oliver!
- Beth let her have a necklace she was playing with at the pool and Hadley asked, "Can I have this puppy dog?" She had been playing with it, too!
- "If Gargamel goes to the beach, I will be SO disdapointed."
- "This is very difficult."
- Says "actually" a lot.
- "When I get big and tall and big and big and big...ooh will be Haddie Boo!" (talking to me; she thought we'd switch places one day!)
| Sweet, sick baby girl :( She threw up at school this day and had a low grade fever. I was fixing supper while she watched TV, but then fell asleep. Bless her. |
- Coming home from the beach we stopped for a bathroom break and to get a snack. Hadley chose candy corn. She started spilling some in the car once we were riding and said, "These corns are falling by demselves!"
- We went shoe and clothes shopping one Saturday. I was holding Hadley and looked around, trying to find where Collins' size would be. I said to myself, "Where am I?" and she patted me on the chest, looked me closely in the eye, and said, "Right here."
- We have rekindled our interest in Smurfs. Hadley was watching them one day and said, "Mama! A little puzzle ate a fuff!" She meant a Fuzzle (type of character on one episode) ate a Smurf.
| Making the best of a sick day! |
- I told her one night during our prayers that we can start praying now for her husband, because if she is going to have one someday, God already knows who he is. She said, "Pray for my husband?" I said, "Sure!" She said, "Is he sick??"
- "I know a lot of people. I talk to them." Getting ready for her birthday party, which Jake and I have been invited to attend ;)
- Asked me one day, "Why do you have a big nose?" : /
- One day I told her, "Hey, girl, hey!" because it's on some commercial. She does not care for it and asks me almost daily, "Why you say 'hey, girl, hey'"? like I've officially lost my mind.
| When you have a big brother... |
| Being the wicked witch |
- We are working on telling the truth and not embellishing stories. One day I was asking who she wanted to invite to her party. I said, "What about Annie, from church?" "No, she's mean." "Annie? Annie's not mean." "Um hm." "What did Annie do that was mean?" "She punched me...in da face." "Hadley. It's very important to tell the truth. Did Annie really punch you in the face? Think about what you're saying." "No ma'am, her very nice." FYI, Annie's invited to the party ;)
- I asked her one afternoon if she enjoyed her lunch. "I didn't have a besert..." (dessert) Apparently, the question is irrelevant if there's no dessert.
- "I dot a bane feeze!" talking about her ice cream at MawMaw and PawPaw's!
- "Flower sun seeds" instead of sunflower seeds
| "Water Day" at MawMaw's! |
- When riding to school, we now have a new game where we pretend there are witch houses all along the way, and we have to splash them with a bucket of water (my job) and/or shoot them with a gun that sounds like "pee-ow" (her job). There are also trolls under the bridge, but we rescued one baby troll before the others had a chance to be mean to her. Her name is Trudie Troll and she's a tiny baby who wears a diaper and eats from a tiny bottle. Hadley is her new mommy :)
| One day soon... |
| She told me, "Peace out." and then "Miss Connor say dat." (a preschool teacher, who does in fact say dat!) |
- Earlier this week I took her for a follow up ENT appointment. Another little girl was there with a bag of goldfish crackers, and she came up and offered one to Hadley. I cringed, of course, but figured I'd wait and see what happens. Hadley shook her head no, much to my delight. I thought maybe she realized it was a stranger, or remembered that's how you can spread germs. Instead, she explained later, "We already brushed our teef." That's my girl ;)
- One morning during our conversation in traffic, Hadley wanted to play I Spy. It's still a struggle trying to understand how it works! She said, "I spy wiff my yittle eye...somedin...BRIGHT!" I said, "Hmmm...the sun?!" "No...da purple sun!" I said, "Silly! There's no purple sun! But there is Purple Rain..." I said it to myself mostly, but she was intrigued, so we listened to the Prince song and a few others the rest of the way!
| Seeing her first double rainbow :) |
| Love this sweet girl! |


No comments:
Post a Comment