Thursday, December 3, 2015

Meaningful Christmas

Some girls in our Sunday School class/group/age-range participated in "A Meaningful Christmas" this year. The description on their Facebook page says, "A simple, child-centered devotional for families to use as they count down the days until Christmas."

We had a party (catered by Cypress Inn!) at the church and swapped ornaments. Each of us made 24 of the same ornament, so after the swap we each had 24 different ones. The ornaments coordinate with the devotional. 

It sounds kind of complicated, but it wasn't; especially since this is taking the place of the Elf on the Shelf in my house! (I had one for three years and never got the courage to commit to it; then sold it this year!)

We started doing the ornaments/devotionals this week and I am using a small tree for the kids to decorate with just those specific ornaments. Last night was about the Trinity. I read the devotional and asked them to help me recap: "The Trinity stands for God the Father, God the Son, and God the ???" Hadley said, "Moon!!" ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment