Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Jake turned 34 on Wednesday, February 18th! Collins told some people at preschool that his daddy is 44...not quite!

It was a regular, crazy, busy morning so I failed at making the day special there. I couldn't have lunch with Jake because it was career fair week and couldn't leave the fair. So, I debated the following:

Option 1: Take out for dinner. The pros were that we'd be at our own house and could be as loud and messy as we'd like. The cons were how do I leave work, get take-out, then get kids, and it not be cold by the time we eat? Because getting kids first and then the food was not really an option in my mind.

Option 2: Go out to dinner. Pros were that it was easier to make happen. Cons were what if Hadley isn't in a dining out kind of mood? 

And that's what happened. We went to Cypress Inn and had a lovely meal that we scarfed down and ate separately because one of us had to go out to the lobby at pretty much all times. She tried to climb out of the high chair, she screamed "HAAAAYYY!" at everybody, she pulled on the blinds. To sum up, she acted like an 18 month old after a day at preschool.

What was I thinking?!

I had bought a cake at Publix and asked the Cypress Inn staff to hold it in the back, then bring out for dessert...even had candles to light. That didn't happen. The poor couple beside us was trying to have a quiet night out without their kids. That didn't happen either.

So, we went home, took quick baths, put Hadley to sleep, then the rest of us ate the cake. It was good. Thankfully!

Happy Birthday, Jake! I love you! And next year we'll get a sitter :)










1 comment:

  1. Love the Cypress Inn story - glad we aren't the only ones this happens to! I can SO relate to the "one person in the lobby" thing. Hope Jake had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete