- Anytime you ask what time it is, how much it cost, what the temperature is: "Forty eight nine." Complete confidence.
- Terrible at the game "Kwite Mouse" (quiet mouse). He talks within seconds every time. "I won...that's how you play."
- "I'll be mad as a jay bird."
- Told Haylee he has "throatitis" when his throat hurt!
- When asked "how do you know?" his reply is always, "Because I'm so smart."
- Twice now he has asked me on the way to school, "Would it be better if I drive?" Twice.
- Discussing a monster, he asked if I'd ever eaten one. I said, "Ew, no! Have you?" "No. They don't have any meat in them." I think he thinks "meat" is hamburger meat and some animals/monsters have it in them, some don't.
- "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" (got this from his teacher, Mrs. Tammy)
- "Daddy, did you get buried because you loved her so much?" He sees no difference in "buried" and "married." Men!
- Jake cleaned up Collins' room one day and straightened the stuffed animals on top of his headboard. As I was putting him to bed he glanced up at them and calmly stated, "So wrong."
- "You know Buggs Rabbit? He got ran over by a car but he's still alive."
- Singing a song that requires spelling one day (I think it was, "I'm H A P P Y..."):
- Collins: "Did I do good?"
- Mommy: "Yes! You knew all the words. You can even spell it!
- Collins: "Smell what?"
- Mommy: "Spell it."
- Collins: "Smell it?"
- Mommy: "Spell it! Spell! Like, how do you spell it?"
- Collins: "C O L L I N S"
- I asked him how Soccer Shots was today (they play in the gym on Wednesdays). He said, "Good. I looove soccer. I have a lot of soccer problems."
- Window shopping while at a stop light, I said "I like the stuff in that that store." He said, "You want to buy all of it?" I said, "I don't have enough money for all of it." He said, "I do, I have a hundred dollars....somewhere..." Ain't that the truth?!
- Driving home from Mrs. Wilda's, we quickly approached a red light:
- Collins: "Daddy, is that a red light?"
- Jake: "Nah, it's purple."
- Collins: "Daddy...go! It's okay if it's purple..."
- He asked me what happens if you go 'under' a red light. I explained that you might get a ticket and you might hit somebody. "Mommy, remember that time you went under a red light?" "Yes, we got lucky. God was watching out for us." (Well, He was!)
- Discussing his grown, twin sons, Mahjon and Poco, he was describing where they'll live and all of a sudden paused to say, "That's a nice cloud." And then back to the conversation.
- The foot fetish prevails. Just when I thought it was over. He got in time out (for the first time in the green room) for keeping Kendall's sock and not giving it back. Because he wanted to see her toes. Later that evening he explained to me that, "I don't like your feet, only Kendall's." I had to ask, "Why don't you like my feet?" "If you sprinkle them I will." Kendall has glitter toenail polish. I missed that one.
I am biased, but he has such a great personality. Outgoing and tender-hearted. It is so much fun being his mommy!





Sooooo fun to read these!!!
ReplyDelete