Monday, May 17, 2010

The Name Game

That's what I've been calling it for YEARS when I'd make Jake "play" with me about what we would name our future children. He hated this game for the most part. Well, now the game is over! (At least until we start thinking about the next child!) I wrote the name on a wine bottle at the restaurant Friday night (they have them lined up the whole way down the wall). Can you see it?!



His name will be Collins David Goodin.

Collins was Jake's paternal grandfather's middle name (who died a year ago today, so it's a hard day for Jake and his family). Papaw went by R.C. for the majority of his life, but he was Collins early on. Mimi still calls him Collins and a few other people do. I only ever knew him as Papaw.

David was my maternal grandfather's middle name. My papaw went by David his whole life and died when I was four years old. I still remember a few things about him.

We will call the baby Collins. It's weird actually knowing what it is now AND having a name to go with it! We are happy with the name because it's meaningful to us, isn't too "weird," but also not too common. It's just right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment